Babies and children benefit from being read to. Children's
books come in all shapes and sizes. Grab a book, snuggle up on the
sofa and reap the many benefits of reading to your child. These include:
- Babies learn to make a connection between a word and its
meaning which is vital to language development.
- Reading to babies expands vocabulary and improves memory
- Reading to a child provides a foundation to pre-reading
- Books help to develop the preschooler's attention span.
- Children learn communication skills: how to speak,
listen, and to read.
- Books also help to develop thinking and the imagination.
- Facilitates bonding and attachment.
- Helps learn and identify emotions.
Labels: Attachment, bonding, Books, Family, Parenting, School Age Children, Toddlers